Riot Police have taken over the Manhyia Palace to prevent Kumasi Youth Association executives from presenting their petition to Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II.
This comes at the back of an injunction secured by the Ashanti Regional Police Command barring leadership of the group from embarking on a planned demonstration against over the lack of development and abandoned projects in the area.
According to a copy of the injunction sighted by MyNewsGh.com and granted by a Kumasi High Court presided over by Justice L.A Wilson, it stated that the directive to step down the planned demonstration will be in force until otherwise discharged or varied by the court.
It is however gathered that the leadership in an attempt to visit the Manhyia Palace and present a petition to the King is the reason police were deployed to block the entry points and prevent them from doing so.
According to the Kumasi Youth Association (KuYA) several developments in the region started by the previous administration have stalled and believes the demonstration would be the most appropriate platform to call on the Akufo-Addo led government to ensure the completion of such projects.
- You are very insolent – Oppong Nkrumah chides Omane Boamah
- Can you insult the chief in your hometown? – John Boadu quizzes Mahama
- Otumfuo/Mahama row: Mahama ‘goofed’ big time – Buaben Asamoah
- NPP trying to bring down Asantehene with UN speech controversy – Asiedu Nketia
- Queen mother fingered in Asamponhene’s murder collapses in police custody