Rapper Michael Owusu Addo, popularly known as Sarkodie, says he sees nothing wrong with fellow rapper Medikal claiming he saved Ghana’s rap four years ago.
According to him, every rapper can boast to be the best, hence it’s not a big deal for Medikal to say so.
Sarkodie said Medikal didn’t mean to disrespect anyone like many industry players perceived it to be.
“He genuinely feels that and he has to be able to say what he feels. He expressed it. He wasn’t disrespecting anyone. When I am rapping and I say I am the best, I don’t think about Obrafour even though [he is champion.]
“I don’t think he’s trying to go at anyone but as a rapper you are supposed to feel like that,” Sarkodie said on 4 Syte TV, monitored by Adomonline.com.
Medikal generated a fuss in the media space when he proclaimed himself as messiah of Ghana’s rap.
Rapper Strongman, who had exited from Sarkodie’s Sarkcess record label, descended on Medikal, which resulted in a rap feud between the two.
Watch video below:
- Shatta Wale was turning my fans against me so I had to advise him – Sarkodie
- Sarkodie reacts to Kesse’s claims that he received only Ghc20 for featuring on ‘Azonto Fiesta’
- My ‘Black Love’ album is meant to preach love – Sarkodie
- Will actor Idris Elba, Stonebwoy, Mr Eazi and others be on Sarkodie’s new ‘Black Love’ album?
- Sarkodie snubbed Beyoncé the first time they met – Ice Prince