President Akufo-Addo has by Executive Instrument (E.I) declared Monday 23rd September 2019 as Public Holiday. The day is to be observed as Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Day throughout the country.
In a statement signed by Minister for the Interior, Ambrose Dery, he explained, the President exercised his E.I for an additional Public Holiday which falls on Saturday but has been shifted to Monday.
Read the statement below
Declaration of Monday, 23rd September 2019 As A Public Holiday
The general public is hereby reminded that Saturday, 21st September 2019 which marks Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Day, is a statutory Public Holiday.
However, in view of the fact that 21st September 2019 falls on a Saturday, His Excellency, the President of the Republic of Ghana has by Executive Instrument (E.I)’ declared Monday, 23rd September 2019 as an additional Public Holiday to be observed as Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Day throughout the country.
Ambrose Dery (Mp)
Minister For The Interior
Issued in Accra on Wednesday, 18th September 2019
- I won’t prosecute people without factual evidence – Akufo-Addo
- Be patient; Akufo-Addo can’t use 2 years to fix Ghana’s problems – Okyenhene
- Akufo-Addo to look into D.K. Poison’s case
- NDC calls for dismissal of ‘loose talking’ Education Minister
- Ghana GDP expands at slowest pace in a year in second quarter