Former President John Mahama has said he believes he will win the 2020 presidential election so that he can fix the mess created by the Akufo-Addo government and give Ghanaians some relief from the hardship thrust on them by the current administration.
“There’s a lot of hardship in the system”, the 2020 flag bearer of the main opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) told a horde of supporters when he visited the Oti Region on Monday, 2 September 2019.
“But”, he added, “By the grace of God, next year, 2020, is an election year. And I know that by the grace of God, Inshallah, the NDC is coming back into government”.
“We are coming back to fix every mess so that Ghanaians can have some peace of mind. We’ll fix every mess nicely and relieve you of your burden”, he promised traders at the Dambai market where he visited.
Mr Mahama’s tour of the newly-created region comes on the back of a similar tour of Savana Region up north.
He paid courtesy calls on the traditional leaders of the area and interacted with sympathisers of the party.
- Don’t underrate ‘strategic’ Wontumi – Yamoah Ponko warns NDC
- Don’t underrate Wontumi the strategist – NDC’s Yamoah Ponko warns
- Election 2020: 60 reasons Ghanaians want John Mahama back as President
- Buaben Asamoa prioritises NPP issues over his constituents – Adamu Ramadan
- Check out Allotey Jacobs’ strategy for NDC to win 2020 elections