A twitter user by name S3RIO, tweeting @5_Star_Hustler has chronologically arranged news items, that sought to expose the president, Nana Akufo Addo, the minister of finance, Ken Ofori-Atta and some men of God over who are allegedly behind the building of the national cathedral.
The story of the government making plans to build a national cathedral was met with mixed feelings, as many Ghanaians thought it was not needed, looking at the many problems the country was facing in the health, education, social sector among others.
Many Ghanaians, including celebrities and civil societies came out to condemn the initiative, especially when the land allocated for the building was in a prime area with the potential to cause traffic, and also because the land already housed judges in the country, and a demolition would cost the country.
The fierce resistance from Ghanaians, caused the presidency to deny being responsible for the building of the cathedral, but many news items as arranged by S3RGIO, suggests otherwise.
Read the tweets below:
How Akufo-Addo, Ofori Atta and ‘Men of God’ have lied about the National Cathedral. These people have no shame
- Construction of National Cathedral to begin in March 2020
- Ghanaians don’t know me well enough – David Adjaye
- Don’t be threatened by my exploits in Ghana – Sir Adjaye to local architects
- Land for construction of National Cathedral ready – Asomah-Cheremeh
- Be bold, support construction of National Cathedral – Ofori-Atta tells Ghanaians