Opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) legislator for Builsa South, Clement Apaak has questioned the silence of pressure group, OccupyGhana.
In a Facebook post on Sunday, he quizzed if “OccupyGhana is OccupyingSleep.”
“Has OccupyGhana been hypnotised? So asleep they don’t know what is going on? Or they have changed from OccupyGhana to OccupyHypocrisy,” the Builsa South representative quizzed.
He asked the pressure group to speak on issues on nepotism, corruption and the government’s large size which the NDC has called the Nana Akufo-Addo out the government on.
“Ace [Ankomah] and Co, Ghanaians want to hear you on the above and many other issues of national importance. If you are not hypnotised or under hypnosis, lets please stand up, let Ghana hear you,” Apaak said.
“Folks, I may be wrong but that is my opinion. Have your say, I hope you are not hypnotised too,” he added.
OccupyGhana has been vocal on a number of national issues including a recent charge at government to clarify what it described as “apparent contradictions” in statements and actions of its officials regarding Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) curriculum.
Also, the group called the police out when they manhandled law students engaged in a peaceful protest weeks ago.
They also questioned the priority of Parliament when Parliamentarians tries to push for the construction of a new chamber
For more news, go to myjoyonline.com
- Ibrahim Mahama was more than a vice president – Vim Lady fires NDC
- Cash for Justice: Contract Adeti to investigate other regions – Minister to AG
- EOCO probe: ‘Corruption fighting me back for fighting it’ – Domelevo
- BNI blocks visiting access to ACP Agordzor’s wife, children – Lawyer claims
- AG interdicts State Attorney over ‘Cash for Justice’ documentary