Actress Yvonne Okoro has said she is willing and ready to play a role in Kumawood movies provided she is given a good script and good money.
She said Ghanaian actresses and actors should be prepared to play roles in different fields and not just limit themselves to English-spoken movies.
To that end, she said she is fully prepared to play key roles in Kumawood.
Asked whether she will perform a Kumawood role if offered one, Yvonne Okoro told Nana Romeo on Accra100.5FM’s mid-morning show AyekooAyekoo on Tuesday, 5 November 2019 that: “Of course”, adding:
“If the producers invite me, I will be happy and willing to do it, we are actors and actresses, so, we won’t pick and choose.”
She revealed that: “Sadly, no Kumawood producer has invited me to join them,” adding that: “If you have a good script, good money, I will be there.”
- We don’t sell ourselves in addition to tickets – Yvonne Okoro warns
- ‘Give Ghanaian movies 70% airtime – Yvonne Okoro
- Yvonne Okoro, Lydia Forson allegedly leave movie roles because of Rosemond Brown
- My father is married to two women – Yvonne Okoro
- I was young and naive when I recorded my sexual encounter with my ex – Yvonne Okoro