- Joan Laporta’s assistant picked up Erling Haaland’s dad and agent on Thursday
- Barcelona are looking to steal a march on their rivals for the in-demand forward
- Manchester United, Man City and Real Madrid are all interested in the striker
- Haaland has been sensational for Dortmund, who have set a £154m valuation
- Raiola and Haaland Snr had a two-hour meeting with Laporta and Barcelona’s new director of football Mateu Alemany
Erling Haaland’s agent Mino Raiola and his father Alfie have arrived in Barcelona this morning amid speculation the Borussia Dortmund striker could join the Spanish giants.
Haaland is one of the most sought-after players in Europe, having scored 49 goals in as many games since arriving from RB Salzburg last January, with Manchester United, City and Chelsea all interested in the 20-year-old.
But Barcelona’s new president Joan Laporta seems to have stolen a march on his competitors after his assistant picked up Haaland’s agent and father from the airport on Thursday morning as the pair arrived for talks over a £154million move.
Raiola and Haaland Snr flew in from Nice at 9:30am, before holding a two-hour meeting with Laporta and Barca’s new director of football Mateu Alemany, who sold the club and next season’s project to Haaland’s representatives.
Erling Haaland’s father Alfie (L) and agent Mino Raiola (R) arrived in Barcelona on Thursday+5
The 20-year-old (pictured with his dad last year) could leave Borussia Dortmund this summer+5
Haaland’s future is the subject of much speculation with Dortmund setting a £154m valuation