Asamoah Gyan is the greatest Ghanaian footballer of all time, insists outspoken former Black Stars defender, Sam Johnson.
The former national team player, asserted his claim in an interaction with Accra-based Happy FM insisting, the general captain of Ghana’s senior national team “has done things no Ghanaian player has ever done before”.
“Gyan is the greatest Ghana player of all time. He has done more things than everyone who has played for the Black Stars has done. When it comes to goal scoring, he is better than everyone, He is the only player in Africa who has more goals in the World cup”, Sam Johnson trumpeted.
Image result for asamoah gyanJohnson hailed Gyan as the messiah of Ghana football, hammering on his crucial goals and decisive strikes that secured important wins for the national team in tough encounters.
“Times when things are difficult for Ghana in a particular match, Gyan will come from nowhere and will make things possible,” he said.
Sam Johnson holds a belief that Gyan is not as celebrated as he ought to be and feels his impact in the national team merits some proper praise.
- Andre Ayew congratulates ‘Togbe’ Asamoah Gyan
- ‘General Captain role unnecessary’ – Fred Pappoe
- Nana Addo gives Asamoah Gyan thumbs up after Kwesi Appiah meeting
- Let’s focus on mending cracks in Black Stars – Pappoe advises on captaincy brouhaha
- Gyan declares ‘Ghana first’ after cosy meeting with Black Stars coach